To address the “slippery slope” of diminished respect for life found in the United States, the American bishops established the National Office of Respect Life more than 20 years ago.
Catholic Charities seeks to educate and raise awareness about abortion and other human life issues. It sponsors events and activities such as the annual March for Life, National Night of Prayer for Life, post-abortion healing services, and prayer services.
Nationwide Call to Prayer, Pilgrimages, and Postcards
The “Call to Prayer for Life, Marriage, and Religious Liberty” invites Catholics to pray for rebuilding a culture favorable to life and marriage and for increased protection of religious liberty. This pastoral strategy was approved by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in November 2012 and continues through November 2013.
March for Life - Charlotte will be January 10, 2014
Mass - 9am at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church
March - gather at 11am at the Diocese of Charlotte Pastoral Center
For more details go to www.marchforlifecharlotte.org
March for Life - Washington, D.C. will be January 22, 2014 (www.marchforlife.org)
Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, for North Carolina Pilgrims at 11:30am.
Principal Celebrant, Bishop Peter Jugis; Homilist, Bishop Michael Burbidge
Pro-Life Prayer Vigil - December 7, 2013
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church - Charlotte
Mass at 9am with Fr. Mark Lawlor followed by prayers at Hebron.
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: Respect Life Activities
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: Conscience Rights/Protection (Video)
- National Catholic Bioethics Center: www.ncbcenter.org
- Federal Legislative Updates: National Committee for a Human Life Amendment (NCHLA)
- Information on the Church's call to faithful citizenship
- Information on post-abortion healing: Rachel’s Vineyard
- Information on U.S. Senators: www.senate.gov
- Information on U.S. Representatives: www.house.gov
- Resource material and outreach ministries: Priests for Life
- The non-partisan voice of North Carolina’s Bishops: Catholic Voice NC (CVNC)
- Pope Francis Video for the Respect Life Program 2013-14: “Open Your Hearts to Life!”