To address the “slippery slope” of diminished respect for life found in the United States, the American bishops established the National Office of Respect Life more than 20 years ago.
Catholic Charities seeks to educate and raise awareness about abortion and other human life issues. It sponsors events and activities such as the annual March for Life, National Night of Prayer for Life, post-abortion healing services, and prayer services.
40 Days for Life
To learn more about 40 Days for Life, go to www.40daysforlife.com/charlotte.html.
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: Respect Life Activities
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: Conscience Rights/Protection (Video)
- National Catholic Bioethics Center: www.ncbcenter.org
- Federal Legislative Updates: National Committee for a Human Life Amendment (NCHLA)
- Information on the Church's call to faithful citizenship
- Information on post-abortion healing: Rachel’s Vineyard
- Information on U.S. Senators: www.senate.gov
- Information on U.S. Representatives: www.house.gov
- Resource material and outreach ministries: Priests for Life
- The non-partisan voice of North Carolina’s Bishops: Catholic Voice NC (CVNC)
- Pope Francis Video for the Respect Life Program 2013-14: “Open Your Hearts to Life!”