Social Concerns & Advocacy
Catholic Charities under Social Concerns & Advocacy works to educate parishioners, policy makers, and the broader public on issues affecting the vulnerable in the community. The organization promotes a greater understanding of social justice and advocate action strategies to create positive change in society and the lives served.
Social Concerns and Advocacy encompass:
- Catholic Campaign for Human Development and Catholic Relief Services
- Education - Catholic Social Teaching and Current Issues
- Office of Economic Opportunity - Serving the four far western NC counties
- Public Policy - Promoting Faithful Citizenship
- Respect Life - Cherishing human life from conception to natural death.
You have been told, O mortal, what is good, and what the LORD requires of you: Only to do justice and to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8 (New American Bible, Revised Edition)